Hopefully your GDPR preparation is going well, in addition to my other GDPR blogs; “What are Google Analytics doing about GDPR?” and “What is GDPR and how will it affect my Small Business?” I have put together this checklist to help with your preparation, this is put together from ICO guidance and some common questions I have been asked recently.
- Identify somebody as your data protection officer if you are self-employed it’s you!
- Register with the ICO ico.org.uk
- Inform your database of what you plan to do with their data
- Only use e-mail marketing software such as Mail Chimp, Constant Contact and others which have an opt in function.
- Ask yourself the questions, why am I collecting this data?
- Check your website has an SSL (Padlock HttpS)
- You change your website, laptop and other device password every month at least.
- You provide a double opt in for your collection of e-mail address via your website
- You don’t use pre-ticked boxes or other types of consent by default
If you host your website with Online Toolbox drop Emily an e-mail and I help you with some of the elements on this list.
Join Emily for 2 GDPR Online Support Groups April 18th 11am and May 16th 10am click here to find out more.